Mixing tank & batch tank manufacturer
Stainless steel mixing and batch tanks are used by virtually all industries and can be found in practically every production line no matter what is being produced. SFI has the experience and expertise to design mixing and batch tanks specifically for your application.
We work with customers from a diverse group of industries, which has led us to develop an expansive range of offerings.
Mix tank design & fabrication
Whether you’re producing chemicals and want mill finish and half pipe or you’re making pharamceuticals and need a highly sanitary electropolish finish and dimpled heat transfer surface, SFI can design and build your batching and mixing vessels. Options include:
- Agitation systems for a variety of mixers and stainless steel batch tanks
- Variety of stainless steel and other nickel alloy materials available
- ASME certified welders and weld procedures
- Various material and weld finishes for tank interior and exterior
- Heating and cooling options; single or double wall construction
- Tank supports (legs, lugs, skirts, saddles, flat pitch)
- Various manways and fittings
- Components: sight glasses and lights, CIP systems, no foam inlets, downtubes, thermowells, outlet valves, and more…
SFI will design and build your mix tank fully equipped with agitation. We also provide them prepared for field installation of customer furnished mixers.
SFI can create a custom designed mixing solution to meet your needs.
We offer mixers or combinations of mixers for processing a wide variety of viscosities and applications. Mixer styles include turbine, sweep, scrape and dual motion.
Materials of Construction
- 300 Series Stainless Steel
- Other nickel based alloys including:
- Duplex 2205
- 2B (cold rolled sheet)
- Mill (HRAP)
- Mechanical polish (from 50 to 10 Ra)
- Mechanical polish plus Electropolish (from 30 to 10 Ra)
- As Is
- Scotch brite buffed
- Mechanical grind (50 grit)
- Mechanical polish (32 to 10 Ra)
Heating & Cooling
- Dimple jacket
- Half pipe coil
- Internal pipe coil
- Open jacket
SFI utilizes various standards to ensure your product is built to the highest quality possible.
We hold the following certificates:
- ASME “U” certification
- National Board “R” certification
Other standards are utilized as required.