Tanks & Processing Equipment for Personal CareRequest A Quote
We work with companies in the health & personal care industry to produce tanks that will process and store many of the personal care products used by consumers today.
High quality tanks for personal care products
SFI is an experienced fabricator of high quality custom designed tanks and vessels. In business since 1985, our tanks can be found across the continental US and around the world. We have had many opportunities to work with companies in the health & personal care industry to produce tanks that will process and store many of the personal care products used by consumers today.
These products include:
- Baby products
- Body wash
- Hair gel
- Hand sanitizer
- Liquid soap
We will build your tanks in our shop or on-site at your facility. These vessels include:
- Mixing and blending tanks and kettles
- Pressure vessels and reactors
- Storage tanks, bins, hoppers, columns
Field fabrication is particularly helpful if you need the tank in an existing building where access is limited. Our fabrication methods allow us the flexibility to work in practically any type of condition. Whether you need a tank constructed under a roof or in tight quarters, we build our tanks from the top down, working at ground level. Field fabrication is our specialty!
SFI Engineers will design agitation for your process, whether it be a single turbine agitator or a complex system with a turbine and sweep/scrape mixer. We design your system to blend your product’s viscosity, from a thin solution like peroxide to thick products such as shampoo, conditioner or hand sanitizer.
We have many options to meet your needs, such as:
- Variety of stainless steel and nickel based alloys available
- Polished, electropolished and mill finishes for tank interior and exterior
- Heating and cooling options; single or double wall construction, insulation
- Tank supports (legs, lugs, skirts, saddles, flat pitch)
- Portability (casters, carts)
- Various manways and fittings
Components: sight glasses and lights, CIP systems, no foam inlets, downtubes, thermowells, outlet valves.
Materials of Construction
- 300 Series Stainless Steel
- Other nickel based alloys including:
- Duplex 2205
- 2B (cold rolled sheet)
- Mill (HRAP)
- Mechanical polish (from 50 to 10 Ra)
- Mechanical polish plus Electropolish (from 30 to 10 Ra)
- As Is
- Scotch brite buffed
- Mechanical grind (50 grit)
- Mechanical polish (32 to 10 Ra)
Heating & Cooling
- Dimple jacket
- Half pipe coil
- Internal pipe coil
- Open jacket
SFI utilizes various standards to ensure your product is built to the highest quality possible.
We hold the following certificates:
- ASME “U” certification
- National Board “R” certification
Other standards are utilized as required.