Doing Our Part
Like most companies, we are making a conscious effort to preserve the environment whenever possible.
Our Eco-Friendly Practices
- SFI utilizes email to provide customers with everything from formal proposals to approval drawings.
- Documents too large to email will be made available for download via Microsoft SharePoint.
- Documentation packages are typically provided with one hard copy and/or one electronic version by email, by download or on CD, unless otherwise requested.
- The following items are recycled:
- Aluminum cans
- Toner cartridges
- Electronics & batteries
- Shredded paper waste
- Waste oil
- Wood pallets & skids
- Purchasing practices are geared toward environmentally friendly products, for example utilizing energy efficient equipment and lighting throughout the facility.
- Outdated equipment and furnishings are donated or sold.
- Production materials waste is appropriately scrapped.
- Proper treatment and disposal of production by-products and wastewater.
- Paper conservation: more scanned/electronic documents and less printed.
- Saving emails versus printing.
- Turning off lights, appliances, and equipment when not in use.
- Reduce magazine subscriptions and request stoppage on junk mail.