Shop Fabricated Tanks & VesselsRequest A Quote
Food grade stainless steel tanks and vessels up to 60,000 gallons can be built in our 100,000 square foot shop, centrally located in Springfield, Missouri. Call today to learn more!
Shop fabricated stainless steel tanks
SFI is an experienced fabricator of custom, stainless steel industrial, food grade and pristine tanks and vessels including
Tanks up to 60,000 gallons can be built in our 100,000 square foot shop, centrally located in Springfield, Missouri and are used in various industries including food & dairy and beer & wine. We offer a variety of options, enabling us to produce a customized food grade stainless steel tank that perfectly fits your needs.
- Heating and cooling
- Materials and Finishes
- Accessories such as ladders, handrails and platforms
A Solution Provider
Your Regional Manager will be a great resource for brainstorming different possibilities and putting together a solution that is just right for you. Our comprehensive Full Data Sheet Quote Request form is very helpful when thinking through the options that are important to you or required for your application.
SFI production personnel are accomplished craftsmen and experienced fabricators. Their abilities include skills such as:
- Operation of hand-held welding and grinding equipment (all welders are ASME certified)
- Utilization of a variety of measurement and testing devices
- Equipment operation such as
- Shear and brake
- Seam welders
- Floor grinders
- Head bumping
- Waterjet cutting
- Plasma burning
- Pipe rolling
- CNC machining centers
- Lathes, mills & saws
- Tank layout and fit-up
- Non-destructive examination
Our tank fabricators take pride in their work. They are continually learning new methods, tackling challenges and improving their skills. SFI supports these efforts by providing blueprint reading classes, opportunities for advancement and learning new job skills.
Once approval drawings are returned and cut sheets are released from Engineering to the shop, preprocessing begins. This includes:
- Shearing material to the correct size
- Roll and brake forming
- Head bumping
- Seam welding
- Head flanging and polishing
- Fabricating half pipe and full pipe coils.
During the preprocessing phase, the machine shop is busy making the various components needed for each tank, such as:
- Fittings, flanges, ferrules
- Base plates, manway components, lifting lugs, reinforcing pads, vents
- Teflon bushings, bearings, scraper blades and spacers
- Cut to length pipe and square tubing, pipe bending
- Waterjet machining center
- Plasma table cutting
When preprocessing and machine shop work is complete, the materials are staged in the production bays in preparation for tank fabrication to begin.
Tank fabrication and assembly takes place in one of four production bays. Various factors such as tank size and current shop loading will determine which bay will build each job. Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical vessels are always built in the electropolish bay.
Vessels that will be electropolished are built in our separate 15,000 square foot electropolish bay. By design, this area is isolated from the rest of the plant by an exterior wall providing the cleanest possible environment for vessel fabrication. This production bay facilitates:
- Welding, grinding and fabrication of vessels away from potential contaminants
- In-house passivation and electropolishing to 10 Ra; vessels up to about 80,000 liters
- Superior quality control and improved lead times
- Testing, inspections, FAT and full documentation services available
- Passivation or electropolishing services of customer furnished parts
In-House Testing Equipment and Methods
- PMI, metal and alloy analysis
- Hydro, 1000 psig maximum
- Shop air, 125 psig
- Vacuum box, for API designed tanks
- Liquid penetrant, fluorescent or color contrast methods
- Profilometer, Ra finish thickness verification
- Ferrite testing
- Hardness testing
- Sandblasting, done in-house
- Galvanizing, contracted
- Painting, contracted
SFI utilizes various standards to ensure your product is built to the highest quality possible.
We hold the following certificates:
- ASME “U” certification
- National Board “R” certification
Other standards are utilized as required, such as:
- API 620 & 650
- ASME BPE Guidelines
- Canadian Registration Number (CRN) documentation
- Ministry of Manpower-Singapore (MOM) documentation
- PED (European Pressure Equipment Directive) “CE” Mark
Safety on a job site, whether it be yours or our own, is of critical importance to us and we invest significant resources in on-going training, safety management, and equipment.