Built in our shop or yours
During our first two years in business, all tanks were field fabricated and many of them were built for wine storage. Our experience in the industry is abundant. In fact, we built over 300 tanks at one winery in California.
Today, we build tanks for beer and wine service in both our shop and on-site at customer locations.
Below are examples of tanks built for the beer & wine industry.
- Brew & Mash Tubs
- Brite Beer Tank
- CIP Tanks
- Flavor Tanks
- Hold Tanks
- Solution Tanks
- Storage Tanks
- Wort Tanks
- Ion Exchange Tanks
- Storage Tanks (ranging in size from 20,000 to 300,000 gallons)
- Agitation systems
- Stainless steel and other nickel alloy materials
- Designed and fabricated per ASME and/or API standards
- Various interior and exterior material and weld finishes
- Heating and cooling options;
- Single wall, jacketed, insulation
- Tank supports (legs, lugs, skirts, saddles, flat pitch)
- Manways and fittings
- Components: sight glasses and lights, CIP systems, no foam inlets, downtubes, thermowells, outlet valves
SFI can create a custom design mixing solution to meet your needs. We offer mixers or combinations of mixers for processing a wide variety of viscosities and applications. Mixer styles include turbine, sweep, scrape and dual motion.
Materials of Construction
- 300 Series Stainless Steel
- Other nickel based alloys including:
- Duplex 2205
- 2B (cold rolled sheet)
- Mill (HRAP)
- Mechanical polish (from 50 to 10 Ra)
- Mechanical polish plus Electropolish (from 30 to 10 Ra)
- As Is
- Scotch brite buffed
- Mechanical grind (50 grit)
- Mechanical polish (32 to 10 Ra)
Heating & Cooling
- Dimple jacket
- Half pipe coil
- Internal pipe coil
- Open jacket
SFI utilizes various standards to ensure your product is built to the highest quality possible.
We hold the following certificates:
- ASME “U” certification
- National Board “R” certification
Other standards are utilized as required.