Ladders, platforms & handrails offer safe access to tanks
Many of the tanks and vessels built by Stainless Fabrication are outfitted with accessories that allow safe access to various parts of the tanks. We follow OSHA guidelines when designing this type of equipment for use with tanks. A variety of equipment combinations and materials are available.
Tank accessory options
- Materials of construction: Stainless steel, primered carbon steel, primed and painted carbon steel, galvanized carbon steel.
- In keeping with OSHA guidelines, fixed ladders are a purchased component. It is the customer’s responsibility to provide and install appropriate fall arrest systems.
- Fixed steel ladders (without a cage; up to 20’ in climbing length)
- Fixed steel caged ladders (up to 30’ in climbing length)
- Handrail and toe board (around perimeter of tank top head)
- Safety gates (for caged ladder and handrail combinations)
- Rest platforms (provide a rest-stop every 30’ to the top of tank)
- Crossover platforms & catwalks (for access from the top of one tank to an adjacent tank)
- Winding staircase (wraps around tank perimeter; minimum tank diameter is 5-feet)
- Stand-alone spiral stairs (only available in limited cases per OSHA guidelines)