BEEN DOWN LONG???
That’s a question no one wants to hear! If you’ve ever had a flat tire, you know that having a good spare in the trunk saves a whole lot of time and trouble.
Stainless steel tanks also have parts that can wear out, get damaged or misplaced. Unlike car parts, you can’t run down to the local parts store for replacement tank parts. Often times tank components aren’t available for immediate shipment and many must be custom fabricated, taking several days or weeks to produce. Frequently replaced parts include:
- Agitator slingers
- CIP assemblies
- Clamp assemblies and knobs for manways
- Davit arm assemblies
- Freezer door hardware and gaskets
- Jacket vent, nylon-screen plug style
- Lip seals
- Manway gaskets (teardrop, o-rings, channels, rings in buna, EPDM, silicone, viton, teflon encapsulated, spiral wound…)
- Manway lift assist devices
- Outlet valve kits
- Sight glass assemblies
- Stainless steel sanitary vents
- Wearable agitator parts (Teflon bushings, steady bearings, scraper blades and spacers)
- Wingnuts and eyebolts for manways (inswing and cross-arm)
It’s bad news when production comes to a halt while waiting for a new part to arrive and a proactive approach to keeping equipment up and running makes good sense. By stocking these wearable parts in your own maintenance department, downtime is controlled and it’s business as usual.
Follow this link for more information on how to order replacement parts for your SFI tanks.
<< Back to our blogs